Day 46, April 10, 2017 Monday
- I’m finally able to check on my birds properly! I didn’t want to wake them up last night so I checked on the nest box in this morning. Result? No eggs 🙁
- Even if there were no eggs I’m just glad that the babysitter was able to keep them healthy, hydrated and happy. I can see that they definitely got busy with the nesting as it’s very clear with the dry strips of palm leaves or at least what’s left of them.
- The large container of Fertivit is nearly consumed so the water container is definitely good for one week.
Day 47, April 11, 2017 Tuesday
- To encourage more nesting activities I have added more palm leaves into the cage. I also added some more Moringa more for feeding rather than nesting. I do hope I get some eggs very soon. Counting the days going by makes me feel like it’s taking so long for them to breed. Somehow I kinda want to quit logging daily.
- They really are serious about the nesting activities because when I peered into the bird cam there was no more leaves left on the cage floor! They’ve stuffed it all in the box!
DAY 48, April 12, 2017 Wednesday
- Okay, a few days have passed by and although I quite missed Bonnie and Clyde, their activities have become routine to me. I feed them, change the water, and check on the nest box. Sometimes I wonder if I’m even doing this right.
- Nothing too different to note. Bonnie and Clyde are still active and the nesting material still rests in the box. I should be happy that everything is indeed very normal as opposed to being problematic.
DAY 49, April 13, 2017 Thursday
- Remember when I bought some fertivit and placed it in the water container? Well I don’t like storing them in the big container because this really stinks (like something out from a dirty comfort room). So I opted to replace the water feeder with the smaller one (my orange ones) so I’d expect these to be consumed quickly so I can replace the fertivit water regularly so the old one doesn’t stay too long.
- There’s a bit of a problem though, I suspect that they’re not drinking from the small container. Maybe it’s a familiarity issue sort of like how parrots get scared of new home decors.
DAY 50, April 14, 2017 Friday
- Oh gosh! Just when I thought that they were drinking from the fertivit water, I checked again and saw that black ants are all over the water container! The ants have finished the water in a matter of a day. I should’ve used some bug spray or ant chalk. I remember how some chicks die because red ants end up eating them.
- After I’ve cleared them off I decided to spray the base of the cage stand as well as the wire connecting from the bird cam to the outlet. The ants were pasing through this route. Perhaps if I had finches, these ants would’ve become food.